Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is that rural Ugandans are healthy, educated and prosperous.
Our mission is to create a better future for rural Ugandans by supporting income-generating activities which allow families to afford healthcare, education and food.
We have 5 core values that guide our work:
- Empower: We believe the best and most empowering route out of poverty is a secure and fair income so that families can afford the healthcare, education and food that they and their children need. This will reduce the reliance on charity to help make ends meet.
- Invest: We provide loans to help rural Ugandans develop income-generating activities alongside training to make that activity a success. Every penny we loan out is paid back into a central fund that is re-invested to help more Ugandans.
- Partner: We believe in partnerships. Every project we support is delivered by local community organisations that are run by Ugandans for Ugandans.
- Sustainability: All of our income-generating activities are designed to be socially, environmentally and economically sustainable so that progress can be maintained from one generation to the next.
- Care: We recognise that some Ugandans will always remain marginalised, victims of circumstances beyond their and our control. To that end our income-generating projects all include a social payment and we continue to collect individual donations so that we can continue FOAG’s proud history of supporting Uganda’s most vulnerable people.