FOAG relies on donations and the support from our volunteers.
We actively encourage fundraising events! Here are just a few suggestions but if you have an idea we would love to hear from you:
- Hold a coffee morning for friends and charge a small “entry” amount.
- Get baking cakes and sell them - you could even try some Ugandan recipes like Ugandan Groundnut Cake or Ugandan Pineapple Nut Bread
- Hold a quiz, even a small one for family or friends
- Run a whist or bridge drive
- Do a sponsored walk, swim or cycle - get inspired by how David raised money through a sponsored walk
- Donate your birthday or Christmas money
- Set up a FOAG support group in your local area
- Become a FOAG Executive Partner
No matter how small donations we would be very grateful and you can be sure it will have a big impact!
Perhaps you have a skill or time to spare to help? We are a small team and rely on volunteers to help us have a big impact. Even if you have a few hours a month the possibilities are endless but we always need help with:
- Design and writing
- Photography and video
- Research - both in the UK and in Uganda
- Medical students to volunteer in Kumi Hospital
Find out how Jacob was inspired by his volunteering in Uganda.
Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate
Gift Aid is reclaimed by FOAG from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your name and address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.
In order to Gift Aid your donation you must tick the box or complete the form below.
If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.